Monday, July 27, 2009

A New Journey

I've wanted to start a blog for the longest time but, since I've never been good at consistently keeping a journal, I've been fearful of failing again -- and publicly this time! My favorite blogs are those where I find new posts almost every day and that's what I hope to do with mine. That may not happen right away but it is my goal.

My blog title pretty much sums up my life. I want to be contented, serene, happy, healthy, organized and efficient. I want my home to be all those things -- plus clean! I want my art to be prolific and satisfying. I want my body to be strong, slender, graceful and pain-free. And I want to be spiritually secure. Believe me; I have a long way to go to achieve most of those things.

I am blessed with a wonderful family and friends, two precious kitties, a nice home in a wonderful city and the optimism to keep trying to find the grace that I crave for every area of my life. I hope that sharing this journey with those of you who might read my words and share your own thoughts with me will help to keep me on this path.

I'll be writing about the artwork that I do, including quilting and embroidery, as well as other forms of art that I want to try, including various forms of mixed media and collage. I'll also write about my home and family and kitties and all the day-to-day things that I want to do with grace and wisdom.

I'll probably also be writing about other blogs that have inspired me to begin this journey, with special gratitude to Patricia Eaton at Bird Nest on the Ground. Pat's gentle nudges and the continuing good example of her blog have been instrumental in my finally getting this started.

So, I hope this is the beginning of many beautiful friendships!

Sherry


2 comments:

  1. Here's to a great start from another new girl in Blogland............
    Linda K.
    grammylkk-unlimited possibilities

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also am a new girl, who has been inspired by Pat, directed in the path of a mutual friend Kay . Love to see what everyone is creating.My blog threads-r-flying

    ReplyDelete