Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Spontaneity

First, let me say that I love doing things on the spur of the moment. Some of my best adventures have come about spontaneously.

Second, let me apologize for the quality of the image you see; it's harder than you'd think to take a picture of your own ear! (Also, I don't really think my earlobe is as HUGE as it looks here...)

Thirdly, I'll try to get around to the gist of all this. I had my ears pierced many years ago and they just would not heal. Every earring I tried just seemed to irritate them more. I even tried nylon posts. And, I've been ticked off about it ever since.

Well, right now I'm working really hard at losing weight and I'm having some success at it so I'm starting to think about other ways to improve this aging body of mine. On my way home from the weight-loss clinic last week, I suddenly decided that it was time to try again with the ear piercing.

It went very well and, so far, they seem to be okay. A little itchy occasionally but not too bad. Prayers and positive thoughts for my ears (in case you have nothing more important to pray about) will be appreciated, by the way. Seriously. I'm really looking forward to shopping for earrings but I'm going to wait the full six weeks to even start that. Don't want to jinx things...

Next, Lisa, my far-more-fashion-forward-than-me sister-in-law, has a hairdresser she wants me to see. All this grace that I'm craving may be more effort than it's worth...

Sherry

1 comment:

  1. Sherry, I can comment now!!!! Yea, will explain when next we visit....so cool! hugs, pat

    ReplyDelete