Saturday, August 15, 2009

Musings

I'm afraid I'm not getting off to a very good start with my goal of posting at least almost every day. Life is complicated right now, by things both in and out of my control. And mostly, of course, by my reaction to the things outside my control. And certainly by my failure to control some of the things that I could with enough effort and resolve. Sounds like I need to say the Serenity Prayer...

I was hesitant to start this blog until the complications were manageable enough so that I could be sure to find the time and spirit to post often. Then, of course, I came out of my dream state and knew that might never happen and that I'd better take that first step. So, please have patience as I get my bearings here.

The picture above is of hydrangeas from my mother-in-law's garden. If I had to choose my one favorite flower, hydrangeas might just win. That would be such a hard choice, though, since I love so many flowers. Other favorites are pale pink roses, lilacs, daffodils, bachelor buttons, peonies, hyacinths... well, you get the idea!

I'm afraid my own garden has mostly been neglected this year. Although we've had an unusually mild and rainy spring here in Arkansas, I'm afraid I didn't get much done in my flower beds until after it got so hot that working outside fell very low on my to-do list. I didn't even get my usual baskets of ferns to hang on my front porch. What kind of Southern behavior is that?!?

I also haven't accomplished much lately in my studio, where I make quilts and embroider and sew and want to try so many new things. Part of the reason for that is that I, like several other bloggers I've read recently, am in the middle of a major clearing out, cleaning up and reorganization of my studio. It would be deeply embarrassing to tell you just how long this process has been ongoing but I'll be mentioning it here from time to time as incentive to speed things up before it becomes completely humiliating.

So, that's a bit of what I'll be writing about, and soon. I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Sherry, Those hydrangeas are gorgeous...you know I love them too. And, truly, it IS too hot to do much out of doors. I'm expecting us to do better soon!
    Let's not beat ourselves up about falling short of our goals these days, but, like Sharon, let's EXPECT to do better in the near future. pat

    ReplyDelete